Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

410 build up

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I dont know maybe cheap lifters from Comp cams. I read somewhere that the lifters now are made of softer metal since the late 80s. I think that combined with the oil companies takin the zinc out of the oils is whats makin em eat lifters and cams.

yuppp... maybe thats the case.. ive heard that diesel oil was good to use.. but since you got break in oil you should be good...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I thought so too and so did dad but apparently ya still need to run break in oil. Im gettin tired of tearin these motors down again and again.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Yeah I thought so too and so did dad but apparently ya still need to run break in oil. Im gettin tired of tearin these motors down again and again.

yuppp.. i know what you mean..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I can imagine waitin on parts for a week or two is the worst of it huh?

yuppp thats the worst of all... remember when i got the wrong flywheel and ordered the new one and just sat around for 2-3 weeks doing nothing on the truck

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Believe it or not but dads more impatient about it than I am. He wanted to go pick up another cam from Napa just so we can get it goin again.

lol wish my dad was like that.. he is more like slow and steady kind of dad.. lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Shoot...I wish my dad was like either of yours...he's like 'eff you, your ride, your problem...deal with it.' Then I go and cry and then he says I can call him if I have trouble.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Shoot...I wish my dad was like either of yours...he's like 'eff you, your ride, your problem...deal with it.' Then I go and cry and then he says I can call him if I have trouble.

wow.. maybe its his way of manning you up ??

my dad can be sometimes very cool or very ...... :headbang: lol.. but he is cool..

i quote him :

ill help you with some cash for your truck but not all of it !(he helps me with about 30-40% of the funds when he can) you still gotta work your balls off so you can learn the value of the money.. when your truck is done you will baby it becuase you know you worked hard for it!!

this saturday he will pay for the exhaust but i gotta pay him back lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was embellishing a bit Jurg...he doesn't help pay for anything...and never really has (concerning my rides)...but he does lend a helping hand if I need him to. But usually he's working when I'm wrenching...so I either get my little bro, little sis or gf to help out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I thought you didnt let your little brother near your stuff after he stripped out the fuel pump.

That would be my now 18 year old brother...whom by the way freaked out a couple days ago because he lost all his antifreeze in his Jeep...which just ended up being overflow due to needing a new tstat...he's a tool. My 13 year old brother and 8 year old sister can actually be quite helpful.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Dan...what color Ford blue did you use to paint your engine????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...thanks...how many cans did you go through? I assume you did 3-4 light coats right? And what did you end up doing to get the paint outta the plug holes?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I went throught two cans of it with two or three heavy coats on it. We just ended up runnin some old plugs in and out of the holes to clean the threads out. I bought 4 cans just to be sure I had enough.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts