Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

427 Custom Camshafts

Does anybody know of any camshaft companies that will custom grind a reverse rotation camshaft for my 427 FE boat engine? That's right, my boat engine turns clockwise (right hand) as opposed to automotive.

That's interesting! I would probably give places like COMP, Lunati, Crane or Crower cam's a call and talk to one of there tech's. about it...Most, if not all companies do custom grinds according to the spec's you want.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Thanks. Of those manufacturers, do you have a preference?

My boat is a '65. Until recently, marine engines in single application predominately ran clockwise and in twin applications one was clockwise and the other counter clockwise.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I would like it to lumpity lump a little more than it does. My problem is, I bent a pushrod the last time I ran it and I don't think the bouncing lifter did it any good. I don't know if any damage was done but if it did, I want to 'improve' on what I have. It's a 10.5:1 engine so there's probably some h.p. there to be had...

Yeah, and it runs real well. It's an Interceptor brand marine engine and it's all stock complete with a cast iron intake. Interceptor made three h.p. versions out of the 427. A 300h.p., 330 h.p. (mine) and a 400 h.p. The 400 was a 11.5:1 engine with dual quads, the 300 was a 9.0:1 single four barrel and like I said before, mine is a 10.5:1 single quad.

Ford Truck Articles