Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

427 Custom Camshafts

Thanks. Of those manufacturers, do you have a preference?

My boat is a '65. Until recently, marine engines in single application predominately ran clockwise and in twin applications one was clockwise and the other counter clockwise.

I personally really like the Crower stuff, they seem to do good work with everything they make. Lunati and COMP cam's are up there for me as well.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You could contact Isky? cams they make custom cams.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Last edited:
I love that pair of white 427's. Did you ask on that forum? The Chris Craft Commanders forum? I'm sure Paul or someone there might know about the marine RR cams. You can call Holman Moody too. They still grind cams and might be able to help. Are you running twin 427's and what are they in?

427 Cams

Does anybody know of any camshaft companies that will custom grind a reverse rotation camshaft for my 427 FE boat engine? That's right, my boat engine turns clockwise (right hand) as opposed to automotive.

Crane cams owns a company near Cocoa Fl. that does restroration cams for all kinds of out of production engines and car makes. You can call Crane and they may have the exact grind you need in thier master file of patterns.
What happened to your cam? Did it wipe a lobe? If so almost any cam company can repair it. There are a lot of automotive machine shops that have cam grinders also.
If crane can't help you let me know and I'll dig up thier number for you.

i'd call mike jones, jay allen or one of these guys. they work on everything up to F1/indy cams and aren't afraid to talk to you. mike is on speed talk . com if you want to see his stuff.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Brad, just stumbled onto this thread, I know a guy in Cali, who does custom cam work. I know he has groung a few 7.3l diesel cams, and is a big gearhead in general. His name is Spiro. http://redlineracingcams.com/pages/1/index.htm

Ford Truck Articles