Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 95 Grand Marquis

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I should also note, the list is probably the way I'll go, the blower is a dream..

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's cold and the shop is a mess, so I started another small project today. I recall somebody (Ben?) saying something about sanding the woodgrain off of the 9 gen trucks and polishing the aluminum trim... After realizing that the woodgrain in the GMQ is painted onto a solid piece of aluminum, I figured I'd take a stab at polishing it up.

After some chemical paint stripper and a scrub pad, here's where I stand.

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

The aluminum is really soft, so I'll have to sand it down a good bit to brush it out right. I'm going for the brushed look. I'll end up polishing it with a horse hair rotary metal brush, same thing you'd use on a DeLorean!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Did some carpet testing today. I'm tempted to just take it out and pressure wash it!

Before:

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

After:

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Also did a quick headlight restoration last night... looks like I need to remove the light from the car to get full clarity.

IMAG0212.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Austin your doing great!! Carpet does look way better than it did and since your Gonna flip the car,I know you dont want to get buried in it so to speak..
Ever consider the fabric paint...it works man and is cost effective...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I've got a few more tricks up my sleeves, but I'm not going to spend too much time with the carpet. Getting the leather and the rest of the interior done will gain many points for the car any ways.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Steam cleaned the leather today and conditioned. Talk about some dirt!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
New headliner going in today.

IMAG0242.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Kids running their fingers over it over time breaks the fabric down, add in a bit of dry rot and this is what you get!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts