Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 95 Grand Marquis

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
reminds me of the droopy red piece of cloth that mine had, yuk! a nice headliner is a must!!

Once it's done, it's like having a whole new ride!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Here's a breakdown of the process.

Wire brush the old fabric and backing off of the headliner.

IMAG0255.jpg

Clean up the mess and check for low spots.

IMAG0256.jpg

Set the adhesive and lay some fabric down, then install!

IMAG0257.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Did some more work with the leather today. Broke out the expensive pH balanced cleaner and fancy conditioner. Got some pretty good results, if I don't say so myself! There are plenty of cracks that aren't going anywhere, but you won't blame any new ones on me! smilieFordlogo

IMAG0259-1.jpg

IMAG0258-1.jpg

IMAG0261-1.jpg

IMAG0260-1.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Before:

IMAG0234.jpg

After:

IMAG0260-1.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
And there are still parts to clean!!

IMAG0271.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Bummer... after a few days of cold and warm driving, I've come to the conclusion that I need to wash my hands of this car or end up replacing/rebuilding the transmission. It slips from 1-2-3 when cold, 1-2 when warm. Any tips?

If I do hold on to the car for the long run, I'd like for it to be pushing some HP - a sure transmission will definitely be necessary.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That is a sexy vic...

Like Eric says id change the filter and fluid in the trans but if it's got a higher mileage i'd skip the trans flush as sometimes you can just wind up pushing debris into places inside the trans it hasn't already got into.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm thinking I might just put a new used transmission in and build it up. This car is really growing on me.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That leather came up nice.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
clean it up really really good... like your already doing...

find a junkyard trans thats good.. swap it in...

sell the car.. AND DONT BUY ANYTHING ELSE......
Seriously, where's the fun in that??? :D
I'm thinking I might just put a new used transmission in and build it up. This car is really growing on me.

When I was searching Vics in your area I saw a boatload of CV, TC, & MGM transmissions listed...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Sold sold sold!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks Roy! And I'm going to 'attempt' to not purchase anything else, but if the F-150 were to find a new home...

3M53J63N65I45M15J7d42fc1e5a4d63461bb4.jpg

Austin i think it's time that the admin team designed and awarded you the very first FordtruckFanatics vehicular dealer licence (fords only) :D :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
:rofl: I think so!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
On an unrelated note, I just read your title under you username, and I don't know if it was because I just woke up, my lysdexia, or something else, but i read it as: Will work for Polish food. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts