Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FTF not working on iOS devices

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So this has been going on for several months and I was hoping it would iron itself out but it's not getting fixed. I can't reliably browse the forum from my iPhone or iPad... About 95% of the time when I click on new posts or Today's Posts I get this message:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

If I immediately switch over to a computer it works and there are tons of posts-- switch back to iOS devices and no posts again. This happens on Trista's iPhone/iPad as well. Did you guys change something a few months ago?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Unnecessary. It's clearly an issue with the site, iOS devices have a very capable mobile browser-- please no Apple bashing in this thread.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Does it do this on your apple desktop or just the I devices?
What browser are you using on the desktop?
Post more detailed info and I will do my best to find a soultion

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Did wan't to delete cookies and browser data but in the interest of getting this resolved I went ahead and did it on my phone-- its working now here from work but I seem to see it working here fairly often anyway. I'll try it at home later-- that's where I usually have issues.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't have the iPhone Chris, but I have the same issues at my own home when I use my phone...it automatically searches for my network and that is when I get a "403 Forbidden"..as soon as I switch the wireless off, it works.

blacksnapon

Staff member
So this has been going on for several months and I was hoping it would iron itself out but it's not getting fixed. I can't reliably browse the forum from my iPhone or iPad... About 95% of the time when I click on new posts or Today's Posts I get this message:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

If I immediately switch over to a computer it works and there are tons of posts-- switch back to iOS devices and no posts again. This happens on Trista's iPhone/iPad as well. Did you guys change something a few months ago?
Sounds like operator malfunction to me!smilietease

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Wonder if it's related to a similar issue I (and others) had, and may still have, with IE 9.

Thread here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I actually just hopped from my blackberry and initially it said 'sorry no new posts'...I logged out and logged back in and it showed the new posts.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Been having the same problem

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
No issues with my iPhone, I always make sure to log off, then the screen says all cookies cleared. When I log back in, new posts are shown, also any that I have not read. The site operates exactly the same as on the home computer. It's great, just don't know the long term effects of looking at a small screen :scratch:

Ford Truck Articles