Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
1977BulbSpecs.jpg

Bill at hipo should have that special bulb by now

http://www.hipoparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=74_69&products_id=574

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So I leave and you guys let this thread die huh??????? HAHA...anyways, I'm back to the school life. Got lots done to the rigs...well I felt like it was alot, gonna do a thread on what I did...basically routine stuff, but it always feels good to get stuff done. Also gonna do a follow up on the 'shop woes' thread.

Saw a question a few pages back about a married vs. divorced t-case. The reason folks like the divorced t-case better is because it reduces drive line angles.

As for why these dents are soooooooooo great Tex...probably because they're still on the road. It might be due to the galvinization helping prevent some rust...could also be the awesome looks...everyone has their own preferences. But look around...how many other 30+ year old vehicles do you see on the road? Not many...these old dents just don't die.

S
As for why these dents are soooooooooo great Tex...probably because they're still on the road. It might be due to the galvinization helping prevent some rust...could also be the awesome looks...everyone has their own preferences. But look around...how many other 30+ year old vehicles do you see on the road? Not many...these old dents just don't die.

i see plenty of older yota pickups, mater of fact i just picked one up its a 88 tho, i have ***seen many older nissans and yota cars wonderin about my area from the 70's look like hell but still go

EDIT = *** seen

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good point Josh...you do still see alot of old yota's...and that would probably be the route I'd go if I wanted a compact truck...but I prefer the brute and full size of a dentside instead.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
True, the Japanese can make a truck that will run for ever--but the bodies usually rust away long before they stop running.

I had an '89 Nissan for years. It ran like new with almost 200K on it, but the body was falling off, even after a complete body job and repainting, it didn't take long to start rusting again.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
after me almost ruining a good pair of Levi's wheelin at my gf' parents house i am deciding to break away from my edelbrock carbs... they own 10-20 some acres of verrry hilly property, 4 ponds and a swampy area in the back. after having a crap load of fun hitting the swamp and the overflows between the ponds(cause of all the melting o flows in to another) so i was messing about in the one flat area of the property where all the overflow sits.. after 3 hours i was getting hungry.. so we headed back came upon this very large steep hill that i have climbed many a times before... not this time :( half way up the carb gave out truck died and backwards i go. all the wayyyy down the slippery slope to the pond behind the hill. my tcase or tranny ended getting stuck on a rock or something and saving the truck. the whole box and most of the doors were submerged.. good thing her dad has a abundance of heavy equipment to get me out. took a front end loader and a slight jerk from a excavator to jerk it out. so a performer 600 will be up for sale soon. imma get a truck avenger

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I have a 670 T/A and haven't had the truck stall since I put it on it.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Edelbrock has kits to help it out in that area. My 600 startin sputterin on me when I was up above 10,000 and I was goin up a fairly steep hill but I gave it some more gas and made it up. My dad wont touch a holly cause he says that theyre worse than edelbrock. I dont know nothin about the T/A though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like you had fun Josh...well until you slid backwards. I'm a huuuuuge advocate for Holley carbs, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Yeah i like my Holly better then my old Eddy, but truthfully I think a eddy really is a better all around carb..

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've heard mixed feelings toward Edelbrock and Holley. I did have a 4bl Eddy on an Oldsmobile 350 once that I had a heck of a time getting it tuned right and used a boatload of fuel when it really shouldn't have. But, that was one carb I had. Never have had a Holley.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah that's definitely the thing Buck...you gotta get that Holley tuned right, or you'll curse 'em like there's no tomorrow, but if you do get it done up right, you'll never look anywhere else. I was a little bummed over break because the Bronco was running a little rich, and I tried quick tuning it, but it doesn't seem like it helped any. Although, I just smelled gas, my mpgs remained constant...I averaged 12.8 mpg's on my trip back to Knoxville, and before I hit the mountains, I was averaging 13.6 mpg's...I thought that was acceptable.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I had a Holly 750 on a 74 F350SC with a 390. It never let me down in about 60k miles of hauling big campers and pulling huge travel trailers up to 12,500lbs. But in Good ol' California, you can't find a Holly that will pass emissions here anymore. So I have an Eddy Performer on Burt, but I had to rejet it to get it to work correctly. Now it's perfect! I also have a Motorcraft to rebuild to have on hand for the future. It's the original one (not to the truck, but factory) if I ever decide to return the engine to complete stock.
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Was searching ebay and found a guy with a link to tons of trucks...thought a couple of them looked pretty good, dunno what kinda prices he's looking for, but here's the link:

http://www.picturetrail.com/oceanvues

I really liked the 250 6x6.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Speaking of ebay...it's really starting to tick me off that everyone selling a dentside these days have those gems with sub-100k mileage. Are the sellers really that dumb that they don't realize the odo has rolled over, or are they trying to be snakes and pump up their pile of junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts