Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Steering wheels should be the same 73-79 F-series and Bronco. It's the center pad that's different and of course the column wiring for cruise. Not sure if anything else is different.

Alright...I thought I saw somewhere that there was 15" and a 17" sterring wheel, with possibly a different spline count.

Those are the center lockout caps that are usually used with the D60s and D44HD like mine. I should bid on those. Mine are kinda worn. What does yours look like with your D60 LP?

I've got Warn Premiums on Red...but I have a set on the parts truck that look decent.

Alright...to the door jamb switch Buck...it was funny you brought that up because I was thinking that I would most definitely drop the wiring...any tips on how to get it back out if I do? It looks like I just need to unscrew the switch right? Then disconnect the wires from the switch right? Then maybe I'll just tape the wires to the jamb. About how much extra wiring comes out with the switch?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
There is not that much wiring coming out of the jamb. It's pretty tight. Tape would work to secure it.

To get it fished back, you would have to take the glove box liner out and possibly the A/C vent to get to the hole.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey fellas...look at the name of this seller, look familiar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Good to see ol' DC in the ebay biz now too. Looks like he's selling blem items...but who cares, if you can handle a minor imperfection...you can have 2 new cowl emblems for the price of one.

Here's the DC ebay store:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/denniscarpenter2_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

I bought some of the Ranger F250 from there (the ones in my build thread) and unless you look REALLY close, you don't even notice. But, I'm sure there are ones that don't look as good. Maybe I got lucky, but for $30 less I'm very happy with what I got.

I didn't know there was a 15" and a 17". I believe the 67-72s had a larger steering wheel.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I bought some of the Ranger F250 from there (the ones in my build thread) and unless you look REALLY close, you don't even notice. But, I'm sure there are ones that don't look as good. Maybe I got lucky, but for $30 less I'm very happy with what I got.

I didn't know there was a 15" and a 17". I believe the 67-72s had a larger steering wheel.

I Knew he sold product they didn't feel were up to DC standards to places like LMC...but I never knew he put them on ebay too. It kinda ticks me off that LMC sells the reject badges from DC for the same price as DC sells good ones. Also ticks me off that DC sells the same Blems 2 for 1 that LMC sells for full price. I guess add that to the list of reasons I don't like LMC.

As for the steering wheel...maybe I just heard wrong...or read bad info and took it as gospel

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I Knew he sold product they didn't feel were up to DC standards to places like LMC...but I never knew he put them on ebay too. It kinda ticks me off that LMC sells the reject badges from DC for the same price as DC sells good ones. Also ticks me off that DC sells the same Blems 2 for 1 that LMC sells for full price. I guess add that to the list of reasons I don't like LMC.

As for the steering wheel...maybe I just heard wrong...or read bad info and took it as gospel[/QUOTE

Leave to LMC..........I think it's great that DC sells on ebay. When I ordered my emblems, I figured what the hell. If I can save $30 and they look good than I would. And like I said, I'm very happy with em.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
The steering wheel on my 72 is the same as my 76. There is one difference though. The dentside steering wheel has a shorter base than the bumpside wheel does and so when ya put a dent wheel on a bump column it has a gap so it lets dirt into the turn signal stat. The bump wheel on the dent column is too long so it starts gettin shaved down by the metal cup that houses the turn signal stat.

I noticed DC started selling on ebay after someone sold nos tow hooks for some outrages price , he claimed they were the last ones in the states then turned around and listed another set.
'hah' He made an azz of himself on the other sight

Shortley after that DC had nos tow hooks on ebay

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I remember that whole mess. I even had a small part in it smiliestirthepot!!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Go get stuck and find out!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's not what I mean :p
I mean who would pay a ton of money for a tow hook.

That's mind boggling to me too. I know aftermarket is usually cheaper and less quality, but are the NOS ones that much better for people to give their arm and leg for. I guess it's the same thing as people giving a crapload of money for lighted sunvisors in their trucks.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Exactly, I guess they're kind of rare, and to some that makes them valuable. I could care less if mine are factory or not, as long as they work and don't break.

.....and Tex I know what you we're asking, just playin' with ya 'hah' .

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I noticed DC started selling on ebay after someone sold nos tow hooks for some outrages price , he claimed they were the last ones in the states then turned around and listed another set.
'hah' He made an azz of himself on the other sight

Shortley after that DC had nos tow hooks on ebay

I remember that whole mess. I even had a small part in it smiliestirthepot!!!

I musta missed that one...either of you care sharing that with me in a PM?????

You can hook a camel to it then you'll have a camel tow'badachang'

That made me choke on my dip...(pervs...no editing the 'p' with a 'ck' or changing 'my' to 'a')

Exactly, I guess they're kind of rare, and to some that makes them valuable. I could care less if mine are factory or not, as long as they work and don't break.

.....and Tex I know what you we're asking, just playin' with ya 'hah' .

They are pretty rare...still can't really tell the difference between an aftermarket copy of OEM and the real deal. Another thing that confuses me is...on blueovalbronco...I believe it was confirmed there were two different designs...pre-78 and post '78? Anybody know? Don't really feel like getting off here and going over there and digging up the thread.

As for quality...I agree 100% with you Lee...I don't care if they're OEM or not...gimme the strongest biggest gnarliest hooks out there anyday.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I tried looking on the "other" site, but I don't think that I can go back far enough. The farthest that I can go back is '08, and I'm pretty sure that thread is older than that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I tried looking on the "other" site, but I don't think that I can go back far enough. The farthest that I can go back is '08, and I'm pretty sure that thread is older than that.

Ummm...you can't just send me a PM telling me who was involved and what was done? Geez...I'm nosier and more demanding than a woman. See what happens to a guy after they leave the south for 18 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles