Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Guess eco was right ....

hey eco I'll say thanks-you guys are a trip

This move of mine just cost me my PMs (and who knows what other abilities) on the dark side.

An e-mail from FTE:

Hi,

Ok, going to be honest here.
I am aware that you have used FTE to recruit members for a competing website, which (as I am sure you can imagine) is grounds for immediate removal of access to FTE.
I do not want to do that however - not to say that you "above the law" so to speak, its just that I am a little more lenient than the other admins.

So, I am going to give you 2 options.
1. Use FTE to recruit other members -> results in removal of access to FTE
2. Use FTE as the resource and community in which it is, and without attempting to use FTE's vast user network to draw other users away to other sites.

Now, I ask of you to appreciate the honesty with which this is written - and return the favour.

Thanks,
Fred
FTE Administrator

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy crap that is the nicest thing I've ever seen any of the admins write!! He actually GAVE you a reason for why they've taken away your privileges!! AMAZING! Fred is known for having a better attitude about stuff than the other admins. They could learn a lesson from him.

Sorry you lost your PMs eco :(

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i have yet to recieve a message from fte about my banned PM's

so FTE has a policy that can only use there site or you can't tell a member over there about a good site you found?what about all the links people post to help other people? isn't that the same thing??if you contact them about a site to help them? seems like the same thing to me??they are like kids years back your my friend and no one elses-spoiled a bit aren't we??

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I didnt get a message. But I don't care . All people I pm ed r here or I got there emails.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Welcome to FTF!!!

Do yourself a huge favor, and don't look back at FTE!!! You don't need them!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
p.s. They're moderating all my posts now. Lol! Just posted a link to a picture showing a guy how to check his timing and they moderated me. When the picture finally showed up they had removed the [i m g] tags and made it a hyperlink. Apparently theres no more toleration for embedded images anymore. Just ONE more reason I don't miss that site :D

p.s. They're moderating all my posts now. Lol! Just posted a link to a picture showing a guy how to check his timing and they moderated me. When the picture finally showed up they had removed the [i m g] tags and made it a hyperlink. Apparently theres no more toleration for embedded images anymore. Just ONE more reason I don't miss that site :D

Yet you keep on posting there???

You sort of remind me of an alcoholic that complains about beer in that you continue to complain about the place and you keep going back for more.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yet you keep on posting there???

You sort of remind me of an alcoholic that complains about beer in that you continue to complain about the place and you keep going back for more.
Lol I know I know! I couldn't help myself. I still lurk over there cuz I like to learn, and when I saw him say "does anyone have a picture of where the mark is supposed to line up?" I just couldn't help myself!! I had the picture sitting in my photobucket :p

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/Truck Stuff/Setting Timing/endingtiming.jpg

But after seeing that they're moderating my posts it brought back the hatred, so NO MORE! :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I will believe that when I see it.
Then open your eyes brother ;) The only posting I will be doing over there is for self gain, I won't be helping anyone anymore, no more contributions to that site, just mooching. Kind of like Todd does here :D

who is todd? I'm getting some bad vibes from a lot of folks over there!!! even the maryland chapter-which I am suppose to go to the meeting on sunday-do we have a weasel?? mole what ever you call them??? {a##hole}???? if so lets tar and feather him!!! hey it's a redneck thing!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
who is todd? I'm getting some bad vibes from a lot of folks over there!!! even the maryland chapter-which I am suppose to go to the meeting on sunday-do we have a weasel?? mole what ever you call them??? {a##hole}???? if so lets tar and feather him!!! hey it's a redneck thing!!!
Todd is a member on this site under the name 6L PWR, I was just making a joke ;)

As far as the mole, I assume you mean some FTE spy over here, I don't know. It would not supprise me though, given their level of tact.

Then open your eyes brother ;) The only posting I will be doing over there is for self gain, I won't be helping anyone anymore, no more contributions to that site, just mooching. Kind of like Todd does here :D

Then what were you putting that picture up for?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Let it be known that the FTE admins are FULLY allowed to access this site and view all of these threads. So they don't need a spy, they are free to come over and view our conversations as often as they want. The FTF admins have chosen not to ban their IP addresses, because they have more maturity than that.

I guess they must be letting it known to a lot of the FTE members-that some of there members are on this site!!!cause I've been getting a lot of smart ass comments from a lot of folks over there-I've been fixing fords long before they were driving them!! :) I just try to lend a helping hand or suggestion when I can!and a smart a## comment once in a while :)--you know!!!! hey just my nature mean nothing by it :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts