Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello!

Kept the IRS of course! Actually, I set aside the complete factory drivetrain and built another separate engine, transmission and IRS rear to the specs I wanted. The motor was in the 650-700rwhp range....transmission was Viper spec with beefed up internals. The IRS got a serious makeover to the point the only parts factory were the cage and control arms.

Here is a couple when I was putting it together...

DSCF1025.jpg

DSCF1023-1.jpg

Another with the IRS in the car.....

DSCF1065-1.jpg

And the last pic in the original set was the rear with the Baer brakes installed....4 piston...14" rotors. Very nice....spec'd to throw your eyeballs on the dash when needed.

There was nothing on the car I didn't modify.

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
14" rotors?
What size of wheel were you running?

I woulda loved to go over that car with a fine tooth comb asking all kinds of questions! Seems like i could learn alot of very insightful and useful information from you!
You sure sound like you bring alot of knowledge and wisdom with you, im glad you decided to give us a visit. Hope you stick around!

wow a complete drivetrain?
That aint cheap.

Curious, why did you get rid of it?
And any big plans for the truck?

Sadly....almost unbelievably....I didn't get rid of it. It got taken from me in a garage fire. It happened shortly after I got it together. Never got it to the track.

Plans for the truck? As in racing or puller? No.....just something to play with right now. Learning a lot about diesels! I do have another motor in the garage I going to rebuild. I have been collecting parts in preparation.

14" rotors?

I woulda loved to go over that car with a fine tooth comb asking all kinds of questions! Seems like i could learn alot of very insightful and useful information from you!
You sure sound like you bring alot of knowledge and wisdom with you, im glad you decided to give us a visit. Hope you stick around!

Thanks....I learned a lot from a lot of other smarter folks too. Did a lot of research and homework to build it the way I thought it should be. Ask away....be glad to fill you in on anything you want to know.

I had a couple of sets of wheels....show and track. I ran 18" wheels for the most part. Rotors were 14" rebuildable front and back. Baer 6 piston calipers front and 4 piston rear.

WOW! I couldnt imagine... Hopefully it was insured!
That would be absolutely devestating.
What you got in mind for the new motor?

LOL! Yep...I was a bit numb for a few days. Insurance covered everything...so I did alright. Since I took all of the factory parts off of the car I had enough parts in the garage to build a whole separate car.

DSCF1509-1.jpg

DSCF1510-1.jpg

DSCF1508-1.jpg

As far as the new motor....the bottom end will stay factory stock as much as possible. Top end will have a set of massaged heads, 175cc injectors, Powermax turbo, custom intake manifold, remote oil filter, custom fuel system, etc. All hoses, sensors and the like will be new. Pretty much already have most of the parts. Just need to do a tear down and see what else it needs.

WOW nice pics.. :drop:

14" rotors?

Agreed, I'll have some for ya as well... smilieFordlogo

Plans for the new car??

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Wow, das alotta parts!!!!!
Sounds like a nice build,
Plan on doing a build thread?
Sure would like to see one!

If your doing another car it would be AWESOME if you could do a build thread here to, even though we are generally a truck community.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts