Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hemi's

ohhh sorry I Misread that terrell...yea when you spin one tire while the back on the truck is jacked up and the other tire spins the opposite direction you've got an open rear end....in other words a one wheel wonder.

ha ha ok for a second there i was thinking i was crazy ha. and my truck is ridiculous with the right rear wheel. im pretty much gaurenteed to get stuck without 4wd.

yeah its a pain to lock the hubs all the time. i take it a locked rear end realy helps on hard soil? cause my fourwheeler is locke in the rear and baja pickups are the same

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I lock the hubs in before I get close to bein in the hard stuff. A locker is best for heavier four wheelin like mud, snow and off camber stuff where one wheel goes in the air and the other stays on the ground. Hard packed dirt ya shouldnt have a problem even with open diffs.

yeah. like i wont race across the desert that would beat the teeth out of my head ha ha. ill probably put a locked rear end on the end of my list of must have ha. cause i dont go mud bogging now any way cause the truck is too low

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
i may just get posi trac. i know theres an f250 near my home that i can buy the rear end off of. i basicly want to do bad *** burn outs to show off to my buddies but i still want to do road trips in this truck. another plus side is the rear end i am thinking of is like new and a lot cheaper than locking my rear end which is perfect for a teenager like me ha.

Not very often you see busted up sterlings...
There weak spot is where the axle tube goes into the pumpkin...
They can break loose and spin right there... A good weld will solve that problem though...

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
What Done said, the plug weld is not enough to keep the torque from spinning the tubes around....even a short weld from the tube to the housing would be enough.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts