Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LEBs 521

SC
Guess we'll have to get into the trans building business next :(

Alright Duncan, fly Paul and myself up and we'll build the 434/drink your beer/eff up Canada(on the LEB "to do list" anyway)/say "EH!" a lot

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you eff up Canada, they'll just say "Eh, thanks! Have a nice day!"

Ryan

SC
My debit card is kindly asking you not to look for it unless you want to throw a whole bunch of your money into LEB research and development.

SC
Moving right along....

Cam degreeing time.

a good look at the Comp Pro Mag roller rockers

Respect the ratchet, $$$$$es!

SC
Ive run Jomar filters in all my race engines for the past 5 or so years. Going to be rather difficult to get me to change brands. Do the Wix filters have a bypass?

Results...
Looks like my cam has 4 degrees of timing built into it. Since I indian gifted my 9 keyway timing set back from Paul I "could" retard the gear 4* and install the cam straight up like a p***y or I can keep it like it is and make this SOB sing. After talking with Paul and another engine builder.....

ques the music!

SC
Ill see what I can do. :D

I really want to build an engine break in stand.

SC
At a standstill until my lifters come in. I have a set here but they arent as bling daddy as the ones I have on the way from Summit. Shouldve had them Thursday night but now it looks like Monday.

Last edited:
SC
I got a box full of stuff from Summit on Thursday. The lifters were on the invoice and supposedly packed but they were not in there when I opened the box. They were nice about it and sent a replacement without hesitation so I cant really complain. Its not like I have a race tomorrow or anything.

This also happened to Paul when he ordered his Jomar spacer. Then they sent two. Bonus!

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Subscribed...

SC
79 250 mud drag truck

Here was the last engine.

SC
Lifters didnt come in today - pissed!!!!!! Keep moving forward though.

Slapped the timing chain cover and motor plate on, Swapped out the springs on #1, put the mid plate and flex plate on. Not much else to do until I get the lifters.

Side view

JW "the wheel" sfi flex plate and ARP flex plate bolts

Starter pocket in the mid plate. Most do not have this and require you to also use the factory plate

Teaser shot of the TFS Track Heat intake. More to come

QFT1050, Aeromotive A1000 bypass regulator -10 inlet, -8 return and -8 feed lines to the carb.

Jomar Powercone

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts