Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starts good.

Dealer called said.#4 is a dead injecter,Thats all they can find,now this thing will run for a couple mins and then quit.would 1 dead injector do this.he says electrically it checks out.I,m a bit skeptical. What do you think?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Dealer called said.#4 is a dead injecter,Thats all they can find,now this thing will run for a couple mins and then quit.would 1 dead injector do this.he says electrically it checks out.I,m a bit skeptical. What do you think?
If the combustion is getting in the fuel side on #4, it will gradually take out other injectors on that bank. The electrical portion of the injector can show ok and still have a problem in the sealing areas. Make sure they verify that the problem is fixed before releasing it to you.

Picked the truck up at the dealer saturday.Running good again.I learned a lot working on this myself.expensive lesson.I wrench for a living but i was just guessing at which injector was bad,I should have known better.Thanks again for the help.:)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Any time! Remember, computerized systems will just show you problems associated with electronic issues. Its always possible to have an issue with hardware that doesn't show electronicly. Thats one fault with code readers that only show codes and no data.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts