Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.4 Check engine light with P2289 code

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
The truck came in the and had check engine light on and pulled codes had P2289. I had replaced the FRP (ICP) once a few weeks ago. Then came back. Watched the FRP pid and is not bias. Any suggestions on what to do?

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
Performed Low Pressure Self test and High Pressure Self test with IDS both test pass. Low Fuel Pressure was 4.4 psi. Also according to the PC/ED told me to do a KOEO and KOER. Didn't come up with any codes when I performed the test. So PC/ED told me to go Symptom Chart, but don't have any symptoms to follow right now.:headbang:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Does it have any performance stickers on it? The one I've seen does, but it looks like he'd tried to scrape it off too.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
No i'm not amish but some of the guy at work kid me about looking amish, with the way i shave my beard.
I've heard there's a Diesel Tech that works either at the same dealership as Blacksnapon or one in a close by town that's really good and he's supposedly Amish of all things. Is that you? You in MO?? I got a 6.0L that could use some help. :)

blacksnapon

Staff member
EVERYBODY, WELCOME DREW! If you dont know by now, this is a pretty fun group. Theres some very intelligent techs here as well.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
BTW- WELCOME to the group Drew!! Always good to have another great Ford Tech on the site to help us morons. Ah, has Vince told you about mine? If not, I have some warranty issues that could use some good help. :D

Ford Truck Articles