Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.4 Check engine light with P2289 code

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I ain't queer and i ain't amish.'biteme'
That's NOT what I heard. smiliehijacked

Ok, so back to the REAL issue. Anyone have any other idears for Drew? I know NOTHING about the 6.4L other than KEEP it stock. As for the 6.0L, I know how to blow it apart!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Don't believe vince has told me, or maybe he did but forgot.
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1598

A lesson on what NOT to do to a 6.0L. Summary, Don't put a 64mm turbo, 225cc injectors, Banks intercooler, return reg fuel system, FASS fuel pump, 4"DP to 5" exhaust, K&N Filter, 100HP NOS kit, Stage III Water/Meth and go to the track and turn it all on. :) Was fun for the first 1/4 mile, but the last 1/4 wasn't so fun. Though I still beat the Duraturd by a full second. smilietease

blacksnapon

Staff member
Like Bowtiehatr said, might still be a fuel delivery problem.

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1598

A lesson on what NOT to do to a 6.0L. Summary, Don't put a 64mm turbo, 225cc injectors, Banks intercooler, return reg fuel system, FASS fuel pump, 4"DP to 5" exhaust, K&N Filter, 100HP NOS kit, Stage III Water/Meth and go to the track and turn it all on. :) Was fun for the first 1/4 mile, but the last 1/4 wasn't so fun. Though I still beat the Duraturd by a full second. smilietease
Looks like a real mess. And a big dent in the wallet.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Water in the fuel system could intermittently plug filters. When you shut it off, the water leaves, until its picked up again. Might have to get a fuel sample.

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
The Description of P2289 is The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel rail pressure (FRP) when the engine is turned OFF. If the FRP does not decrease below the calibrated threshold within the calibrated time, this DTC is set.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Pretty bad when I've heard of the Queer Amish guy here in Connecticut!! Anyways welcome to the site. Wish I could help out but haven't worked on any 6.4's yet, I just 6.0 it all day...

Powerstrokeguy

Certified Ford Tech
So what your tring to say is when it comes back Vince will get to fix it? LOL smiliegitrdone
Ya Vince is my hero, if Vince can't fix no one can. lol :bowdown: No probably will come back to me but i don't distrubite the work so don't know. I don't like to pawn things off on Vince. Sometimes they just give it to him. Plus hard to find problems when the vehicle is running like its suppose to and only did it once 3 month later. P.S. Vince I can still kick your a** on doing EGR and Oil Coolers and Injectors. lol smilietease

Ford Truck Articles