Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

About time someone picked a place

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Most of the new guys know me. I been looking since before Christmas at all sights. Thanks Chris. and Franken Lost

How about some intro Till I get everything settle here.

I'm from PA Call me lost or larry or Lost Larry (It fits really Well) . I'm older than most . younger than some.

Drive a 94 F150 4x4 sc long bed 302 MAF e4od 3:55 ls REARS . And more. Which I drove 500+ miles to pull home rust free original paint bad motor. And put together with spare parts. $ 1200.

Specaility (As if ). Finding odd parts(my cb handle) For 80-97 F trucks . Tach cluster info . And allot of redneck ingenuity. General stuff from 25 years and 19 Ford F truck over years . HAppy to be here.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Larry I'm so glad you made it! I've been trying to get you over here for months. In fact I think it was my PM to you that got me banned the first time on FTE... Anyways, hang out for a while! You'll really enjoy the guys on this site.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Larry I'm so glad you made it! I've been trying to get you over here for months. In fact I think it was my PM to you that got me banned the first time on FTE... Anyways, hang out for a while! You'll really enjoy the guys on this site.

You said that before . But I never got that PM.

I have not been happy "elsewhere" wink nudge. . Between a few 3 letter Named guys and the god ken. It just sucked.

Just glad to be back with familly.

I like this one smilietease , Way I feel most times.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You said that before . But I never got that PM.

I have not been happy "elsewhere" wink nudge. . Between a few 3 letter Named guys and the god ken. It just sucked.

Just glad to be back with familly.

I like this one smilietease , Way I feel most times.
Well if you wanna pick a place to settle, make it here. You're amongst friends I guarantee it. The admins here really care about the users and how they feel about issues dealing with the site. Not to mention that they're some of the most active USERS on the site too ;)

Oh yeah and in case you didn't see the thread about it, I've been banned from the 'other site' for 7 days because of the signature issue. I've decided now that after I get my account back I won't be doing recreation posting over there anymore. No more helping other people. I'll only be posting over there if I REALLY need tech advice that I can't receive from this website. I'm so fed up with the treatment that I've received. I've done nothing but good for that site and all I've gotten is continual slaps in the face. Well no more! I hope the admin's will soon understand what a huge mistake they've made.

Glad to have you Larry. You're one of my favorites :D

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Glad to be here. As for favorite . Well u just like the air box I found u.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Glad to be here. As for favorite . Well u just like the air box I found u.
That too smilietease

Larry is the guy that sent me a stock MAF airbox and a fuel tank selector plate for free! (I took it upon myself to find his paypal account and pay him). What a guy eh?!

welcome Larry.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Larry he just uses ppl to get things he wants.Lol
Welcome, glad to see ya here, you have always helped me out on the other site , now I can get yo pick your brain on a much freindlier site. more questions later.

Mike

Lostin90s? msb71? Franken? I also saw Flareside thunder. Then I saw djdemon and 95F350XL.

Skan, I take it this is the site you were advertising via PMs (how come I never got one?) at the other site, then got busted. By the way, I am starting to lose interest over there too.

Lost, was I one of the 3 letter names you did not like?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yes this is the site I got busted for. And I wasn't 'advertising', I was asking a few of my close buddies on the other site to come over here so we could chit-chat without getting yelled at.

I was never trying to make them lose users or hurt them in any way whatsoever. Now they've banned me for 7 days because of the signature issue, and I'm sick of being treated like dirt so now I'm glad for every member they've lost to this site. And I'm sure the admins are reading this comment right now. If so, this is what happens Ken/Tim/Fred when you don't treat your users with RESPECT. I'm the kind of guy that keeps your site going. Almost 5000 posts in a year and a half? A sticky thread on my section full of useful links and diagrams (many of which exist in MY photobucket)? Constantly trying to help other users with their issues? You're nothing without users like me and the rest of the 'regulars' who've now joined FTF. Hopefully you'll take something away from all of this.

Yes this is the site I got busted for.

And I'm sure the admins are reading this comment right now. If so, this is what happens Ken/Tim/Fred when you don't treat your users with RESPECT. I'm the kind of guy that keeps your site going. Almost 5000 posts in a year and a half? A sticky thread on my section full of useful links and diagrams (many of which exist in MY photobucket)? Constantly trying to help other users with their issues? You're nothing without users like me and the rest of the 'regulars' who've now joined FTF. Hopefully you'll take something away from all of this.

Do they really monitor other competing sites?

FTE is a business and I am sure that numbers is all they care about because thats what dictates how much the advertisers pay per "click" on their ads.

I'll bet that what really pissed Ken off is that you pointed out publically that HIS OWN sig was bigger than his own sig guideline that he set for the users. That really busted his balls....I however thought it was funny.

The thing that I don't like about this site is that traffic is SLOW.

Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough

Ahem,.......excuse me...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California

FTE is a business and I am sure that numbers is all they care about because thats what dictates how much the advertisers pay per "click" on their ads.

I'll bet that what really pissed Ken off is that you pointed out publically that HIS OWN sig was bigger than his own sig guideline that he set for the users. That really busted his balls....I however thought it was funny.

The thing that I don't like about this site is that traffic is SLOW.
Yeah I was just trying to make the point that many of the text sigs on the site are larger than the guideline that they set. Hinting that they were PICKING on me. It just so happened that the first sig I saw that violated the rules was Ken's. I didn't search out and pick Ken's on purpose, and in hind site it probably would have been better if I picked another regular user.

As for the traffic on this site, it's slow compared to FTE cuz, well, look at the number of users. FTE's got somewhere in the range or 400,000 to 500,000 users if I'm not mistaken. While FTF has got 347 as of this post. But keep in mind that this site is only 1 year old, and the member base grows exponentially (I tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends, and each of those 2 friends tells 2 friends, etc etc). The first period of a forum's life is going to be the slowest in terms of growth, but once it hits a certain point we'll take off, and hopefully pass FTE some day :)

One thing that FTF DOES have on FTE is a huge number of Ford Certified technicians on our members list. Brad told me and now I forgot but I wanna say theres 100+ Ford Cert'd members here. Hence the reason we've got a Ford Tech Only section; take advantage of it, lots of smart dudes hangin' out in that section.

Ford Truck Articles