Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Converting to roller Lifters?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well when I am ready to do a real engine build I will replace every thing with brand name stuff..
At the time I needed that would work and was cheap..
The HEI I got was cheap and simple one wire and a little less clutter under the hood..
I will be going MSD when I do my engine build because I want to have a rev limiter.

SC
eeehh...you can take it.

Got any more liquid percocet? If I ever make it down that way I want to give it a shot (pun intended) I hear it mixes well with Crown.

All I can get is pills.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thats why I got mine Tex. It still worked out, afetr a little parts changing.

SC
I will be going MSD when I do my engine build because I want to have a rev limiter.

Like I said...

use a factory duraspark dizzy and spend $60 to have Scotty J at www.reincarnation-automotive.com recurve it based on the cam you choose along with a MSD 6AL for the limiter.

Its the same setup Im using with 700hp at less than 6000rpm

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well the only way to build a good engine is with the right parts.
And the engine I want sounds like its going to run about 10grand..
Well.. for me, thats going to take a very very long time..
because I don't have the skills to build a engine i'm going to have to pay some body and I don't see this happening for a Long! time..
Maybe I should sell the donor truck and just start some hardcore saving.

SC
baby steps

http://www.carsbycarl.com/Short_Blocks.html

Bolt your iron heads,a $200 Stealth intake a 850cfm carb a cam and etc on to the Street Brawler short block. You can have a stroker for less than 4k that will make a strong 500-550hp with sh!t loads of torque. When more money is available buy a set of aluminum heads like the Trick Flow Streets to keep the same piston/compression setup. Later change the cam and intake/carb.

It doesnt have to happen over night. I went stupid and built this motor from scratch in just over 4 months working like a mad man to get it all done. I probably wouldve had it done even sooner than that if I didnt have to wait 3 1/2 months on my heads to be ported.

Ask Paul, I didnt finish the truck until 30min before the mud run.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
What about the DUI HEI dizzies?Are they any good?I've been lookin at the kit for my truck. Tex it ain't hard to build/assemble an engine, it's knowing which combo is gonna work good for your needs. At most you'd need a good manual and a reputable machine shop.

SC
DUI makes the best ones but unless youre only trying to clean up the engine compartment there is no benefit from running one.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
baby steps

http://www.carsbycarl.com/Short_Blocks.html

Bolt your iron heads,a $200 Stealth intake a 850cfm carb a cam and etc on to the Street Brawler short block. You can have a stroker for less than 4k that will make a strong 500-550hp with sh!t loads of torque. When more money is available buy a set of aluminum heads like the Trick Flow Streets to keep the same piston/compression setup. Later change the cam and intake/carb.

It doesnt have to happen over night. I went stupid and built this motor from scratch in just over 4 months working like a mad man to get it all done. I probably wouldve had it done even sooner than that if I didnt have to wait 3 1/2 months on my heads to be ported.

Ask Paul, I didnt finish the truck until 30min before the mud run.

gawd!!
:D I like this place, I had to look twice at his prices, I've never seen prices on 460's this low before..
I think your right, baby steps Evil! nasty baby steps!
for what I can sell this truck for I can get a awesome short block and sit the thing in my house and start bolting parts on it.
You know how much a short block like that would go for here!
Hmm.. even with shipping it would be much cheaper to buy form him.
Hmm... :devil: i'm starting to get ideas..
Wahahahaa! my neighborhood is going to hate me..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts