Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Converting to roller Lifters?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
SC
I had to look twice at his prices, I've never seen prices on 460's this low before..

Hindsight being 20/20 I didnt do the right thing.

I bought the ultimate fighter rotating assy for around 2k with free shipping because he was running a Christmas special. I couldve got the ultimate fighter completed shortblock for $3000 +shipping -also a Christmas special.

Basically $1000 more wouldve built the short block and I wouldnt have had to worry about a new block machine work and balancing my rotating assy. I spent about $1200 in machine work fees not counting using one of my spare blocks, the 4 trips -60miles one way to the machine shop and all the clearance issues I ended up having. I used a main girdle with ARP bolts and it kept doing screwy things to my main bearing clearances.

I wouldve gladly passed up this headache even though I wouldnt have had the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Dont buy a kit from Carl until you give Adney Brown a call for a quote. Hes another good guy with damn good prices. It just all depends on which guy is running the best special at the time.

Ill try to dig up his number and PM it to you. He doesnt have a website. You can search his name on 460ford.com if you want also. I think his username is Performance Cranshaft.

Last edited:
Dont buy a kit from Carl until you give Adney Brown a call for a quote. Hes another good guy with damn good prices. It just all depends on which guy is running the best special at the time.

Ill try to dig up his number and PM it to you. He doesnt have a website.

Throw it my way too if you will Sir

SC
Adneys number is 586 549 7557

For everything else, except trick flow components, give Joe Mayabb (www.joesraceparts.com) a call. After doing business with him I havent bought anything from Jegs or Summit since. Not only is he cheaper but hes a damn good guy. Tell him I gave you his name and you might get a little better deal. You might see my truck on his Customer Page and his stickers on my truck......lets just say I got the hookup with him.

For trick flow stuff give Lem Evans a call (www.bfevansraceparts.com)

SC
I would rep you againn but I all ready did once :D
Thank you Kris..

hey man no problem. I like being able to help people out. Im also bored out of my mind having to lay flat on my back 23hrs a day for the past 3 weeks and knowing Ive got weeks more a head of me.

SC
Titanium screws rods and pins.

backxray2.jpg

backxray1.jpg

I wish a woman did this to me. Id feel much better about myself. Before I "inherited" the family building supply I worked there doing whatever manual labor needed done. I just fubar'd some disc

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
eeeow!
Hot damn thats smarts..
I was hurt on the job while back, thats what got me in this fine mess I am in today...
Hop you get back on your feet soon..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Titanium screws rods and pins.

backxray2.jpg

backxray1.jpg

I wish a woman did this to me. Id feel much better about myself. Before I "inherited" the family building supply I worked there doing whatever manual labor needed done. I just fubar'd some disc

I feel for ya'...I had a disc removed and another "trimmed" in 2000...I got pretty bored after a couple of weeks.

SC
I take morphine every 4 hrs. I dont feel much pain but I cant sleep which really pisses me off.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Morphine for me was like drinking cement...even drinking lots of water didn't help...switched to Meperidine (demerol)....worked much better....good luck with your recovery.

SC
I probably drink 2gal of water a day. Ive got this 32oz cup that is constantly empty. Ive had demerol before after some other back procedures. It helped pretty good with pain. The morphine doesnt make me loopy in the head the way percocet and other strong pain meds do.

Im loopy enough without it.

SC
a fifth of Crown Reserve last Saturday night didnt do it. Actually it made me hurt worse because its the first time since my surgery Ive been on my feet more than my daily walk. I had a few friends over and cooked steaks in the shop. I did too much and paid for it dearly

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey Kris, if running roller lifters in a 460 is not a good idea and they demand more valve maintenance not to mention you loose valve lift why do so many run them in the 460s?
Seems like less people would be using them in their engines..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts