Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Favorite Tire

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sure do...I have had 2 sets of 37x12.5x16.5 and one set of 35x14.5x16.5 SSR's and got at least 46,000 miles out of all of them. I had one set of 36x12.5x16.5 Radial TSL's and got a little more than 35,000 miles out of them. I had one set of 36x12.5x16.5 bias TSL's and got about 27,000 miles out of them. And for reference, I've had a couple sets of 35x12.5x16.5 BFG M/T's, and would get 50,000+ miles out of them...I even had one set last 63,000 miles (but they were dead when they were done...haha)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I love the SSR...I basically use it as my All-Terrain. For everyday stuff and most people's uses the SSR is great. But if I wanna hit a trail or mud pit, I'll throw on some Boggers, Hawgs or TSL's.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well I like them, they wear like steel and most folks would agree. However, they do run 1-2" shorter than advertised. On top of that, they are EXPENSIVE. And I think they only offer one tire size within your parameters. It's a 32x11.5

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not really, I've never had a set from start to finish. But I bet the radials would be somewhere around 40k and the bias would be somewhere around 30k.

how would the hawgs do for a daily driver?

I've got 36" Hawg Radials. I don't drive my truck on the street all that much...sometimes to work and stuff. Can't tell you what the street life is with them but from a buddy of mine who swears by em he said they wear almost as well as the BFG muds. Great street manners too. I can pretty much let go of my steering wheel and have it drive true for a good stretch.

They are a bit pricey.

Mud manners though...awesome. I like em so much that it would be hard for me to pick my all-time fav TSLs over them.

There's my 2 cents.

I was going to post this as an utter joke....
Worst tire i have ever owned.

I figured Id catch some sort of flack for that. Some bad mouth them, but for what I do, mostly snow and logging roads, occasional sand, they almost never fail me

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts