Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Favorite Tire

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I run cooper discoverers on my 76 315x75rx16 I told em to use american sizes but thats what ended up on it so they work till next time. I run sport kings on the 85 31x10.50x15 and they are some of the best snow tires ive ever had it feels like its on rails in the snow. And on the jeep are some old dayton tires I had layin around they are 30x9.50x15. They will soon be replaced by military NDTs or those ag tires that piggy was talkin about.

I've had my geolanders on my truck for 8 years :) I don't think i'll ever buy another brand, I hate any thing made by goodyear Garbage, the only other tires I like are Michelins and Bridgstones and Generals..

My dad had a blowout and almost rolled his Bronco II with Firestones on it. I will never trust Firestones or Bridgestones (same damn thing) ever again.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thank you sir...gonna go check it out right now.

Lets not forget The Tire Rack...A site sponsor and good all around tire retailer..:)

I have had really good luck with BFG's, then again I don't do anything that would be considered "Hardcore" in any of the different areas.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Lets not forget The Tire Rack...A site sponsor and good all around tire retailer..:)

I have had really good luck with BFG's, then again I don't do anything that would be considered "Hardcore" in any of the different areas.

I'd love to buy from TR but they don't have tires or rims for my year of truck :(

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
The Subie tires said "Geolander" on the sidewall.

I nicked a curb once, had to replace the tire

I'm sorry I can't believe that one.
You nicked a curb and that destroyed the tire, the only way I could believe that was if it was 90mph nick.
I've had my Geolanders going on 8 years and done allot worse things to them then nicking a curb..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd love to buy from TR but they don't have tires or rims for my year of truck :(

What does that mean? They don't have your bolt pattern? They don't have a tire size that will work for you? I didn't know rims or tires were year specific.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm sorry I can't believe that one.
You nicked a curb and that destroyed the tire, the only way I could believe that was if it was 90mph nick.
I've had my Geolanders going on 8 years and done allot worse things to them then nicking a curb..

I've beat tires to hell doing a lot of things too, and this is the only one I ever wrecked. But I was parking, and clipped a granite curb just wrong. Cut the sidewall deep enough I could see the white belting inside the tire.

Still held air, but a deep sidewall cut is just asking for a blowout.

Trust me, I didn't spend $150 for the hell of it!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've beat tires to hell doing a lot of things too, and this is the only one I ever wrecked. But I was parking, and clipped a granite curb just wrong. Cut the sidewall deep enough I could see the white belting inside the tire.

Still held air, but a deep sidewall cut is just asking for a blowout.

Trust me, I didn't spend $150 for the hell of it!

Ah! makes sense now :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Ian I've seen that happen a couple times. Seems all the women in my life know how to hit curbs just right too.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was going to post this as an utter joke....
Worst tire i have ever owned.

HAHAHA...x2. But I guess if you only stay on the road they're decent. I'll admit I had a set on Thunder and wore them out. But that's when deliveries were being made daily and racking up 3-400 miles a day. To be honest, I really didn't notice any better wear out of them than I did with BFG M/T's or SSR's. I do have to say though, they were better in the snow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never had them in the snow, but as much as it was wet around here they were CRAP.

Yeah...they weren't great but were better than Swampers in the snow.

PS thanks for switching your avatar...I kept staring at the other one waiting for the goat...haha.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I did too. We had bfgs on my moms truck that she totalled and when they were new they just dug holes in the sand when we took some four wheelers out to the sand dunes.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
re: tirerack.com. If you need some nutball tire size, they should be the first call, not the last. A few years ago, I had a need for a set of 225/60R16 load range C for a VW Camper. No one, it seems, makes these damned things. Tire Rack found them (Michelin), ordered them (from Italy), and had them at my work in about three weeks, for a reasonable price.

Back to the original question:

I ran Toyo A/T's on the F150 (10.50X 15), and had good luck with them. Lasted forever (70-80,000 miles/set), good on pavement and wet weather response, decent for off-road use (trail rides, not mud bogs). The King Ranch had Nitto Terra 35's on it- also liked them, although they're spendy.

On Nick's Ranger- dang, he's about through his 4th set, and nothing seems to last (OK, it's the driver:spank: ). Stock Firestones have weak sidewalls- blew out two before 10,000 miles. Replaced with Dunlop All-Terrains- no flats, but terrible wear characteristics. Replaced those with Coopers- weak sidewall issues again. Currently on a set of Les Schwab brand (Toyo's), and they're almost bald after about 20,000 miles.

For him, I'm beginning to think used might be the answer.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
re: tirerack.com. If you need some nutball tire size, they should be the first call, not the last. A few years ago, I had a need for a set of 225/60R16 load range C for a VW Camper. No one, it seems, makes these damned things. Tire Rack found them (Michelin), ordered them (from Italy), and had them at my work in about three weeks, for a reasonable price.

Currently Tire Rack lists 86 choices in this size tire. Maybe you started a new trend Ernie
www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp...&width=225/&ratio=60&diameter=16&startIndex=0

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts