Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NC Chat

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Can't seem to find any pics of one Cliff...seeing as they just became available yesterday, I dunno when I'll see the first one. I'd imagine, like most special interest NC plates, it'll have the NRA insignia with a 5-6 digit plate number.

On edit: Here's what the template looks like for a Mississippi plate:

http://www.nraila.org/images/msnratag.jpg

So I'd imagine similar but complying with other NC plates.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey guy...how's life treatin ya? Keep it mind, it's not really cold until your nad sack looks like a brain.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It hit 81* here...looked like a major threat of storms, then the black clouds cleared out and now, blue skies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Well, The moonshine seizure sucks, hopefully the slack will be taken up by the time i get there. LOL. Anyhow, sitting here thinking, and a thought crosses my mind. Scary, I know. Anyhow, I was thinking, What days in the year should be federal holidays? Take for instance, the day AFTER St Patty's Day. I think this should be a federal Holiday so that all the good Irish people in the US, and all the Irish wannabe's, can recover from this greatest of Irish holidays.
What do you guys think?smiliepeelout

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So...just a heads up for anyone thinking they're gonna take I-40...they closed it at mile 20 due to a rock slide at mile 3. I found that out on my trip back to UT yesterday. They say it will take months to clear and finally re-open. The radio said to head back to Asheville (about 25 miles) and take 240 to 26 and stay on that going north about 50 miles and then take 81 south in Johnson City and ride that til it meets back up with 40. That's about a 90 minute detour...if you knew about the closure before Asheville and didn't have to back track.

I decided to take US19 just off of exit 27, and take 441. Now let me tell you, 441 is just about the most beautiful drive you'll ever take, and you'll even see elk (well I did at least). However, it's about 45 miles to Gatlinburg, and max speed is 35mph and 20mph in some areas...not to mention you're fighting sight-seers. Then you have to fight your way through Gatlinburg to get to 40.

In the long run, the detour I took added about an extra 30 minutes over the advertised detour...but if you want some beautiful driving it's well worth it.

Side note...it can be a little nerve racking if you're low on gas because it's just 2 lanes and mountains for 40 miles. Also pretty nerve racking on an untested engine, there's no good place to pull over if you break down.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
i saw that on CNN... aint the first time it's happened though.

441 is the US highway iirc. Real pretty ride.

it snowed here last night... what's the weather been like for you southerners?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mid 40's in the morning to high 50's low 60's mid day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So...anyone in NC feel like chatting up? Any plans for the Thanksgiving or Christmas?

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Hey Ben, I should be getting to Jacksonville the day before thanksgiving, so after hitting Cici's Pizza or somewhere else for dinner, I intend to sleep for 3-4 days after my run from San Diego. And don't know about Christmas yet. How about you?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to see you Doc, sounds like a fairly hectic trip for you...haha. Not much going on with me. I'll head home for Thanksgiving, and this will be the first time I've been able to spend it with family in 5 years...so I'm kind of excited I won't be eating alone or at a coach's house. After that, I'll be coming back for fianl exams, then graduating Dec. 13...and hopefully by then I will have heard back from a few places and have a job.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Ben,
Finally made it to NC, got the house somewhat setup and livable. Angel is here with me, and things are going good. Truck took the trip well. First leg ended up being from San Diego to Albq, NM. Got there about 0400 and finally called it quits, slept for about 4 hours, then finished driving into Colorado Springs. Spent about 4 days in Colorado with my mom and my daughter, then left last sunday at about 0300. Got to Ohio about 0300 monday, and left out Tuesday about 0900. Finally got into Jacksonville about 0400 on Wendsday after making a stop in Graham. Trucks holding up well, and seems to like the cold air.... Anyhow, Talk to you later man.

Cody

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So NCers...how's the weather treating you?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts