Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OK sound off!

I admit it. I wanted an 89 yota when I bought my 89 ranger. The one I wanted was too expensive and I could not afford the payments. The ranger is still being driven as a daily by my brother. I drove it for 16 years myself.

I do admit the A4LD was junk (3 rebuilds) and I eventually swapped in a C5. No more transmission problems.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I am only on my second Ford. It was either GM or Chrysler growing up.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
All right, lets hear about the moment you got the Ford bug. Mine was some time during the time when there was Mustangs falling in my lap constantly. Bought a 67, 4 speed, 390 for 200 bucks---a 66 and 68 both for 150. I've been Ford biased ever since!

Used to be a Chevy guy. All my family (Except my Dad), they all drove Fords. Watched my Dad change vehicles like most people change sox, while all the rest of my family just kept driving and driving and driving a Ford (the SAME Ford).

Got to looking for a new work vehicle. Now after pricing the GM vehicles (HOW much? YGBSM!), I went looking at Fords. Ended up with a 2wd F150 V6. I was NOT happy about it, till I drove it. That little truck did things that nobody should have asked of a 1/4 ton V6. And it did it well. The only reason I got rid of it is that I bought my Warhorse, and gave it to my wife. Well I took a hard hicky on the financing, and getting a new 2007 V8 4WD F150, with a VERY nice interest rate, was just too good to pass up. Wanted to wife to have a 4wd truck since we live a little ways out in the country. Makes me feel better.

So far, I've owned three brand new vehicles. All three are Fords.

Get the hint, GM?

Gunner

Kep4

Jäger
September 14th, 1970. The evening my Dad arrived home with a brand new 1970 Mustang Mach 1. 351 Cleveland 4V, dark blue, black '2+2' interior, sport slats and an exhaust sound that I'm sure gave me one of my first 'chubbys'!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I was 18 and pops helped (meaning negotiated not gave money for) me buy my first Ford Ranger. I have owned one Chevy since then but luckily the bad brand with went the bad wife when she left....:rofl:

My garage has not been without a Ford since my Ranger.

I was admittedly a reluctant ford owner. I grew up in a chevy family and that is all we owned since around 1964, when our last country squire wagon conked out in the driveway and wouldn't allow itself to be fixed.
After college, I had gotten married, started a family and traded in my pickup on a merc wagon. I had my share of praises along with the problems along the way, and later bought my first Ford Pickup, a 78 F250, and it seems there has always been a Ford Pickup in my driveway since.
A few years ago I Bought my '02 and began my foray into chasing down the various ills of the 7.3. The company I worked for owned six of them, and I became the unofficial mechanic of the fleet.
I really enjoy the longevity and stoutness of the F series trucks, and nowadays am not too sure I'd know my way around a chevy anymore, even though I stand to inherit a few when my father passes. Even so, I'll not abandon my fords. I'll just have to suffer thru it,I guess :rofl:

1967.... my dad bought a '65. i sat in the driveway forever pretending to drive that old 100. Forest green, 3 on the hump, stepside. i couldn't touch(reach) the pedals but i drove the hell out of that old truck in the driveway.it never moved.
that's all i wanted as kid.... my own ford. i got it in '78. 1967 Galaxie 500 FB was the beginning of my "ownership" $500 and a big resto.
to this day i wish i had that '65 PU. makes me damp thinking of those days. Frig all of you.........i'm sensitive.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
My first pickup was a 65 f100. 352, 4 on the floor. What more could a guy want. One of the best I ever owned. It was carribean turquiose.

I wasn't even an itch in my daddy's pants!! :nana:
It would really be crass of me to mention you're adopted here,wouldn't it?

OK I won't.

You keep settin' yourself up there, Todd..... But I'm not biting on this. I'll just let the others IMAGINE what I would say right here...

Now, BACK ON TOPIC!

What's the best thing to you, about FORDS?

Last edited:
That makes me think of an interesting question...

HOW MANY TIMES have you looked into your engine compartment and said to yourself, "Why the HECK did they do it THAT WAY ?!?!?"

Case in point: I always appreciated the front-mounted distributors on FMCV8s, but other than the easy access, I cannot understand WHY they put the major electronics of the motor right in the path of rain, snow, and the radiator overflow...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
What's the best thing to you, about FORDS?

One big thing for me is the seats. Ford truck seats suit my back very well, in general, and since when I drive it tends to be for fairly long distances, that's important to me.

My mother cannot drive most Fords very far without severe back pain. She's just not shaped the same way the seat is, I guess.

I also like the styling on many Fords (less so lately, though), my mother lives across the street from (and my father two miles down the road from) a great Ford dealership, which can be very handy.

Another point, which would only matter if I had the money to buy a new truck, is that they still build one-ton diesels with manual transmissions.

Why, though, do they place such a PREMIUM on those vehicles? I can buy a class 7 or 8 truck, built to take MUCH more, for LESS. Does that make sense?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Why, though, do they place such a PREMIUM on those vehicles? I can buy a class 7 or 8 truck, built to take MUCH more, for LESS. Does that make sense?
I agree. THAT makes no sense, but I'm thinking it's more based on Supply and DEMAND!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts