Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OK sound off!

Let's face it, Todd. DEMAND is not higher than the supply, or you wouldn't have commercials hawking you at every turn trying to SELL you one! The fact is, the pricing on these is an ARTIFICIAL floor, not cost or demand-based.
Almost NONE of Ford (sterling/freightliner/mercedes) sales are thru media advertising; but rather, the sales of these trucks, while admittedly slow ths time of year, still continue to grow.

Just as a matter of clarification, Sterling/Frieghtliner/Mercedes are owned by Daimler...

Yeah...I stand corrected. I was just now double-checking that, lol. caught me before I could FIX it!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
BUT demand is high for the diesel, so why not make more $ since they can! If I could get $5 a piece for my cookies from anyone other than Terry, I'd sure try! :) People pay a premium for what they desire. They desire the diesel. Be it a PowerStroke, Cummins or DuraMax. They're ALL overpriced, but they all sell.

ON EDIT: Yeah, even to us guys that only NEED that power, well, never actually, but it sure is fun!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts