Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Slightly Modified Engine Build (Take 7)!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok this starts engine build #7 on Slightly Modified!

I plan on doing this build myself. I am going to keep track with pics and try to build it with part #'s so if someone needs something you can refer to this build. I will have part numbers from Ford and Oreilly's as I work at Orielly's. All part numbers will transfer to CSK also.

As I build I will list part numbers and pics to accompany them.

Today I started with cleaning and painting some of the parts I have on hand. I am going to paint every part on this build since I hope to not have to pull the motor again. I dropped the block off yesterday to get cleaned and tanked to check for cracks. I should have it back later in the week.

I am starting with a white block, all My big accessories will be Dark Charcoal Gray Mettalic, and the little odds and ends will be Black.

The heads have 3 coats of Duplicolor high heat engine Primer and 5 coats of Duplicolor Dark Gray Metallic.

Photo0154.jpg

Photo0155.jpg

Photo0156.jpg

I got a couple of coats on some of the acc. items today as well.

Photo0159.jpg

And a coat of primer on the valve covers. I have to sand and prime 2 more times on them.

Photo0158.jpg

Should be a fun build this time....

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA thats my supervisors seat! She has to keep me in line!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I am going to paint every part on this build since I hope to not have to pull the motor again.

Should be a fun build this time....
Anyone else find this as funny as I did??

Fun build "THIS TIME". It wasn't the last time?? smilietease

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
As of right now I am staying boosted. I had a guy call last night about it but don't know if it will come to anything.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Got the piston rings installed today.

Sealed Power Rings Standard bore

Part #E916K

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0162.jpg

In order of progression... Make sure you pay attention to which way the rings are to go. the middle rings had a dot on them to distinguish top.

Lower rings and spacer

Photo0167.jpg

Middle ring...

Photo0171.jpg

Top ring...

Photo0172.jpg

Got some more stuff painted today as well....

Primed....
Photo0176.jpg

One coated...
Photo0175.jpg

Two coated...
Photo0174.jpg

Picking up the block tomorrow everything checked out good. so I should be able to put it up on the stand and get it primed and painted. I work for like the next two weeks straight. so there may be some slow updates but not to worry...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That I don't know for sure I'll have to get back with you on that one. They are stock I know but actual numbers i am not sure.

Looks good so far, I hope those rings are coming back off to adjust the ring gaps!

They are just like spark plugs, you need to adjust the gaps right out of the box.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah after doing some more research I am going to have to pull them off and make sure everything is good to go. I should get the block tomorrow hopefully.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts